Re: improvements suggestions

Olivier wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:17 pm
another one:

could you include in Swap Master-Master a trigger to automatically place all trades of a portfolio when (and not at anytime) :
spread on broker A (to be defined per user) reaches below x points. On USDCZK it can be as good as 40 but as bad as 1000!!
I like the idea but and already thought about it myself. Until now I didn't have a good idea how it to implement it but I will give it some more thought.
It definitely can be very useful. Especially for instruments where the spread is sometimes all over the place.

Thank you for the suggestion Olivier.

Alexander

Olivier wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:31 pm
There may be a need to add to parameters in the EA's Input to adjust the SOL calculation based on individual risk appetite and broker's Margin call rules....

besides, there might be an inconsistency in the way SOL are computed on the Slave and on the Master: say I want a portfolio of 10 lots. the Slave computes a SOL. Now I place 2 trades of 5 lots instead in the Master. The SOL in the Master is computed for each trade size (5 lots) rather than for the 10 Lots.

The difference is significant! take USDCZK, the AXI SOL on 11 lots is 22.1408 and on the master for AXI at 5.5 lots *2 is 21.6395! that could lead to a margin call on AXI and leave open trades on ICM.

Actually, does the EA check and adjust open positions on all brokers in the same portfolio?
The SOL calculated by the Slave is always based on the position size you entered. The SOL calculation from the Master unit is based on the individual position. Used margin from other trades is considered. Positions are partially or fully closed based on the user defined margin limits.

Alexander

Olivier wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:02 pm
with regards to SOL. Axi is at 20% of margin level and ICM st 50%. Do you take these differences in computing EA's SOL for each position?

Somehow I get confused. I used the medium margin and low margin scale down option to manage my trades in anticipation of margin levels being reached. but then, setting the medium at 50% got me scaled down whilst Axi accepts margin levels of 20%. Don't we need settings for each account/broker?
At the moment the margin limit is simple used for the account what runs low on margin. Using different limits for different brokers would work as well.

Alexander