Re: ProFx 7 Auto Daily Recaps

andrew1 wrote:
Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:42 am
Alexander wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 4:32 pm
It's very interesting how manual intervention effect the outcome. ...
Hi JGSP. I did not think you intervened in any trades right? This has been running full auto right?

btw, that's negative growth not drawdown (DD).
While the results are negative at this point, it does not seem useful to intervene with trades and blame the EA for the negative outcome. That he intervened, he wrote earlier.

My ac. shows a dd of 6.5 percent and the number of trades are +- a few trades identical. On my ac it runs on Indices and currencies with no intervention whatsoever.

only20gp wrote:
Sun Aug 15, 2021 2:11 am
andrew1 wrote:
Negative growth is a contraction in business sales or earnings. The term is not related to trading.
Interesting. I always viewed Drawdown as based of equity and balance - effectively unrealised loss.
Growth is referring to the scale on tab as shown on the Myfxbook chart (where I come from a "-" minus symbol = a negative number, in this case negative growth value)
Looking at his transaction list, I see only FX (no indicies) - this is possibly because his broker does not have USTEC as a code (like my Pepperstone broker).

I have only made 2 interventions.

1) THE VERY FIRST DAY (back in May) - I closed an open basket early. As it looked different than the manual strategy, so to be safe, as I was trying to reach support, I closed out. That was the ONLY trade intervention

2) last week I dropped risk down from 1 to 0.8. This will not impact the trades taken, just the risk profile. I am going to keep it there indefinitely.

But yes the trades are very accurate except from day 1. However please keep in mind that I have no indices trading. Only FX.

I have been repeatedly trying to get two answers from the developers and the community here.

- When will the mapping of indices be available? This should be a very simple thing to do, as most EAs come standard with this. It's a simple x=y clause.
- Why will no one else share their myfxbook? Does anyone find it odd I am the only personal sharing this? It would be very helpful to compare trades and results.

There are quite a few users here. And developers. Lets open this up in terms of transparency, and try to get this sucker working as best as we can. Id like to kindly ask you all to share your myfxbooks please, so we as a community can compare trades. If you have other EAs, just let us know the magic numbers etc...

Thank you.

only20gp wrote:
Sun Aug 15, 2021 1:32 am
andrew1 wrote:
Alexander wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 4:32 pm
It's very interesting how manual intervention effect the outcome. ...
Hi JGSP. I did not think you intervened in any trades right? This has been running full auto right?

While the results are negative at this point, it does not seem useful to intervene with trades and blame the EA for the negative outcome. That he intervened, he wrote earlier.

My ac. shows a dd of 6.5 percent and the number of trades are +- a few trades identical. On my ac it runs on Indices and currencies with no intervention whatsoever.
Hi Only20. See my post above. There was only one intervention on trades, on teh first day out of 5 months. So it was negligible. You acn always custom query that out. My trade list is open though, so you can transparently see every trade I get and compare it to yours. If your account is doing significantly better, and you are recieving similar trades, it must be due to profit from the indices.

Would you be willing to share your myfxbook so that we can do a bit of a comparative analysis? Id like to see the impact the indices are having vs just FX alone.

Thank you.