Re: ProFx 7 Auto Daily Recaps

Hi JGSP, Please do share.

I am not sure what you mean by "full SL" as the EA does regularly hit it's initial specified stop loss.

I am running it on live IC Markets (with other trading) and also on Demo (Pepperstone) which does not trade USTEC so not much use in me sharing those here.

capsmart wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:22 pm
And more losses yesterday and today. Now we are seriously under water.
Here are the trades capsmart used as reference. The largest negative trade (with standard settings) was closed with -1,1% and the largest positive trade was closed with +1.62%. Today the EA made 2%. One USTEC trade is still open with the SL at BE. If the trade will be closed by TP, another 2% will be added.

17062021.png
17062021.png (21.91 KiB) Viewed 1110 times
andrew1 wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:32 pm
Indeed. This has becoming a very expensive EA :(
I'll give it another week then it gets removed from the live account.

Flat periods (1% up, 1% down, 1,5% up, 2% down, 2% up ......) are tiresome but they cannot be avoided. I always look at every single trade and rate the trade to learn from it. While the overall performance is currently below average, no reference account shows negative results. (all trades, scaled risk, no manual intervention)

Accounts with FX trades are probably negative because of the challenging conditions but it is nothing what worries me because I experienced such periods probably a hundred times in my personal trading. Automated systems do not have a secret sauce recipe for such periods but they are usually come out with smaller losses on the other side because they stick to the money management rules while human traders often fall prey to emotions during challenging periods.

Info about logic removed.

17.06.2021.png
17.06.2021.png (15.65 KiB) Viewed 1110 times

It would be better to post trades since Monday to have the weekly results and also display the complete trading line to see what each trade did.
This is my trading history for the week. My broker is not offering the USTEC.
Those are my results for the week (from Monday the 14th till Thursday the 17th)
Could you please do the same?
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (103.05 KiB) Viewed 1082 times
and those my results from the week before
Capture2.PNG
Capture2.PNG (147.11 KiB) Viewed 1082 times

capsmart wrote: And more losses yesterday and today. Now we are seriously under water.
I see. Your account experienced a DD of 1.962% during the last two week.s

under_water.png
under_water.png (6.17 KiB) Viewed 1036 times
andrew1 wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:32 pm
Indeed. This has becoming a very expensive EA :(
I'll give it another week then it gets removed from the live account.

"Very expensive EA" sounds like substantial losses in my ears. Fact is that there is no unprofitable account.

At the beginning of the week when I posted my comment that we were seriously under water it was at 770 or 3.75% in just one week after a long period of ups and downs.
This is a real account that started with 800 euros two months ago, to test the bot performance under real conditions and is now at 790 euros because of today's profits that are outstanding. 11 Euros to be exact. So in a single day the bot managed to make back 1/3 of the losses and during the past two days another 1/3.
When I see advertised profits of 50% in two months and my version displays a break even profile after two months then I am questioning myself what I am doing wrong.

This is your myfxbook and from what I see most of the important profits (and losses) are because of the USTEC. Does it mean that without the USTEC I do not stand a chance for profits?
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (34.82 KiB) Viewed 1025 times