Re: ProFx 7 - Server based bot based on machine learning

Hello again
As an example I am adding a 15m chart of today's trade on Gbp/Usd. A long that took place two bars after the signal with a reasonable stop loss that was below the previous lows
This trade is something that I understand but why the bot decided to take the trade two bars later and why did it modify the take profit since none of the indicators has changed?
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (29.34 KiB) Viewed 2506 times
journal.PNG
journal.PNG (9.33 KiB) Viewed 2506 times
I assume that it was on the 15m because as we can see on the 30 min chart below the signal came after the trade
30m.PNG
30m.PNG (29.87 KiB) Viewed 2504 times

Hi and glad you are well again. An additional question if I may (in the correct thread)...

As per the email i sent you earlier in the week, I am running the bot on two brokers. From your email, the bot does not use the chart timeframe to trade, and from the title (SERVER BASED), I assume it gets it's signal from your server not from the local chart/broker.

Why then would I get different trades across the two brokers?
For example pepperstone took this trade today... however IC markets (live) did not. (no error messages - just did not take the trade - other EA's did and continue to trade ok).
no trade.jpg
no trade.jpg (231.36 KiB) Viewed 2495 times

andrew1 wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:45 am

Why then would I get different trades across the two brokers?
Hello Andrew.

1) Normal occurring price difference and the trade was not executed because the slippage would have been higher than the max slippage set in the settings.

2) You use a broker what front runs clients based on their book balance. If so, different prices will be "normal". You can use a higher max values in the settings but it is of course not an ideal solution.

I hope this helps.
Alexander

capsmart wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:18 am
Hello again
As an example I am adding a 15m chart of today's trade on Gbp/Usd. A long that took place two bars after the signal with a reasonable stop loss that was below the previous lows
This trade is something that I understand but why the bot decided to take the trade two bars later and why did it modify the take profit since none of the indicators has changed?
Capture.PNG
journal.PNG

I assume that it was on the 15m because as we can see on the 30 min chart below the signal came after the trade
30m.PNG
Hello capsmart.
To easiest way to learn more about a trade is usually to simple zoom out a bit and look to multiple time frames.

Higher time frames looked undecided with a slight tendency to the upside (see also chart below). When the momentum kicked in during the London session a trade was taken by the bot but there was not more volume than usually at this time of day (Remember: The higher the volume, the higher is the chance that the momentum will be kept up). Thus, the stop was moved and when the volume started to crumble even more the trade was closed. The rest of the day was 'chop chop chop'.

gbpusd_daily.png
gbpusd_daily.png (15.03 KiB) Viewed 2454 times

I hope this helps. I will take a closer look to the other charts you posted a bit later today.

Alexander

capsmart wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:54 pm
it is interesting that there is no delay. Open and close started and finished at exactly the same time.
9:38:08 open and close at 10:10:41 and we know that no two brokers have the exact same feed.
It is also interesting that my broker is IC Markets real account and took the trade while your IC Markets demo did not.
Alexander wrote: 1) Normal occurring price difference and the trade was not executed because the slippage would have been higher than the max slippage set in the settings.
2) You use a broker what front runs clients based on their book balance. If so, different prices will be "normal". You can use a higher max values in the settings but it is of course not an ideal solution.
I am unsure that either of those conditions apply here and this deserves more investigation:
Capsmart is also with IC Markets (mine and his are both live accounts) - his took the trade mine did not.

1) What is the slippage (10) stated in points or pips? (I assume points ?)
2) Is there any debugging output in the case of slippage or other decision not to trade ? (if not there should be - other "server based" EA's I have do this so you can see what you missed and why).

High Alexander
Thank you for your reply but it is a very generic one. I would prefer answers to my specific questions.
What do you mean by higher time frames? All the way up to the monthly? There is no way to watch monthly, weekly, daily, 4H, 1H and have all the indicators pointing in the same direction. Are some of them more important? Why you are not using the Heiken Ashi candles? Is the bot considering all time frames?
As I have already mentioned, I like the ProFX 7 system, I think it is a very logical, good and balanced system. I consider it as a trend following system that also shows when the market is ranging and protects me from opening trades when there is no trend. My problem is that I could not trade it profitably and hope you and the bot to show me the way to use the ProFX 7 system properly. As I already said I do not mind a bot trading instead of me, after all, I cannot monitor 20 charts 24/5, but I would also like to understand why the bot is taking those trades. I was also following the Telegram channel but since I could take all the trades I stopped, since taking only certain trades was not fair for the system.

This is a 4 hour chart with all the trades of the week and someone could pretend that we are not in a range but in an uptred.
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (34.54 KiB) Viewed 2395 times