Re: Telegram Trades Discussion

membank wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:26 am
also took a trade today my entry was at 1.32882 had my sl at -19 pips took my eye off the screen for a min so lost out on the 32 pips where i was planning on closing my trade missed the tp so lucky didn't get stopped out so closed it at +1 don't take your eye off the screen for a second because this is what happens :shock:
Yes, that was a very nasty piece of price action yesterday. Great to read that you got out at break even!
Alexander

andrew1 wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:49 pm
Guys, I like the idea but when you post 3 trades and make 10 - it's not really working is it?

profx trades.png
i looked at your trade today for me it was sitting below 200 ema so a long was not happening till it broke that level and closed above which it did not so no trade for me and your second trade was the same i took a short trade was a bit late on my entry so only got 11 pips i trade off the 15 min chart where i think you are trading off the 1 min chart which does not give good signals you seem to be having a bad few weeks hope you sort it out and make some pips or maybe you might think about trading off a higher time frame

andrew1 wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:49 pm
Guys, I like the idea but when you post 3 trades and make 10 - it's not really working is it?
The target is of course to post all trades and include additional info but in practice this is not always possible. It's sometimes difficult to post details for quick reactive trades and when I remember correct we had to deal with some technical Telegram issues last week.

Best practice is to use the signals for guidance while making your own trading decisions. Simple "following" usually does not work.

Alexander

membank wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:59 am
i looked at your trade today for me it was sitting below 200 ema so a long was not happening till it broke that level and closed above which it did not so no trade for me and your second trade was the same i took a short trade was a bit late on my entry so only got 11 pips i trade off the 15 min chart where i think you are trading off the 1 min chart which does not give good signals you seem to be having a bad few weeks hope you sort it out and make some pips or maybe you might think about trading off a higher time frame
As described in the user guide we start with higher time frames and work our way down to lower time frames for entry points.

We focus on time proven setups where we know that when we enter a specific trade 500 times we make money. We do not change time frames, trading rules or start using additional indicators because of a few negative and break even trades. An exponential moving average with a period of 200 is used by many traders but the truth is that it does not provide any quantifiable edge.

Periods where you make a bit less than average, more than average etc... are perfectly normal and part of trading.

I hope this helps.
Alexander

Hello Andrew.
There are ProFx users who use ProFx, the suggestions/signals and posted charts to learn and better their trading and users who have no interest in becoming knowledgeable traders and believe that it will be enough to simple "copy".

From a technical standpoint, copying works and a missed trade here is not a problem. The problem is that those who only copy will come to the point where they know better and that usually starts a chain reaction what does not end well.

My opinion is that the best practice is to use the suggestions, signals and charts to speed up the learning curve. But it is not my job to tell somebody what to do. We all trade on our own risk. Outsourcing the risk and responsibility is not possible.

Script generated signals from the service you posted look like this:

/OrderSend OP_Buy,0.1,Ask,3,Bid15*Point
steven_england.png
steven_england.png (20.31 KiB) Viewed 856 times
That is not an option.

Alexander

profx_7_telegram.png
profx_7_telegram.png (30.36 KiB) Viewed 780 times