Re: ProFX 7.0 Autobot results

andrew1 wrote:Default settings - so all pairs.
capsmart wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:07 pm
Thank for the new thread.
Are you only trading Eur/Usd and Gbp/Usd?
When you do not add any pairs to the exclude/include list, theoretically all supported instruments will be used for trading. That said, the most traded pairs are:

1) GBPUSD (mostly because the pair likes to trend and is more volatile than others)
2) EURUSD and USDCHF (in moderation)
3) AUDUSD, CADUSD, USDJPY and others (in moderation...when there is a catalyst)
4) Indices (Those are still on manual confirmation. No trades during the last 10 days because I had to deal with some health issues and was not at my desk)
5) Cryptos (On monitoring list. It means that trades are tracked internally)

Alexander

capsmart wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:02 pm
One trade on Monday and one on Tuesday, both Gbp/Usd.
It is strange that the robot is only choosing the Gbp/Usd and Eur/Usd ignoring the remaining pairs that show similar activity.
Monday's trade was good and covered the losses from previous week but Tuesday's trade lost most of the profits.
It is a small real account.
Capture.PNG
Just like trader made from flesh and blood, the software will trade the leading instruments because it offers cleaner price action and better risk/reward ratio.

Here is an example:
Lets say an important import pushes EURUSD through support. Logically this strengten the EUR and weakens the USD (also against other currencies). Though it might seem a good idea to trade EURUSD, GBPUSD, AUDUSD and CADUSD and call it 'risk sharing', it is not because if the trade fails it will fail the hardest on "followers" and if the trade works out it will work out best on the instrument with the catalyst. (With very few exception that is)

Alexander

andrew1 wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:21 pm
Same result for me.
Since launch of this EA (26 March) , the account is now down 5%.

Would think the authors would have something to say to us ? no?
andrew1 wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:21 pm
Same result for me.
Since launch of this EA (26 March) , the account is now down 5%.

Would think the authors would have something to say to us ? no?
While I agree that +30% would be a more fortunate start, 5% dd are perfectly normal and you will find similar and larger draw down on all stats what go back ten years or more. As a matter of fact, as I trade since a very long time I can tell you that short term results are completely meaningless.

However, I understand your standpoint (been there done that a long time ago). The best advice I can give you is to cut the risk in half to ease your mind. About the rest the software will take care of.

Alexander

PS: There is a Autobot result topic. Duplicated topics makes it hard to find something for users. Please consider that the next time before starting duplicated or very similar topics. Thank you!