Re: ProFx 7 Auto Daily Recaps

Strange - looks like mine decided to disable itself. Never seen this before. The EA was still on the chart (I could go into the settings ok and no errors in log) and it had the smiley face but EA displayed test saying it was disabled - when it should not have been.

A restart and it is working again...might be something for you to look into. Under what logic conditions does the EA display the Auto Trading Disabled text?
2021-05-12_18-05-24.png
2021-05-12_18-05-24.png (34.51 KiB) Viewed 1650 times

Also, I just noticed that the EA has placed a trade with no stops? There are no errors in the experts/Journal tab.

2021.05.12 04:28:13.068 ProFx 7 Autobot EURUSD,M30: opening SELL order! - Symbol=US500 - Price=0.00 - StopLoss=0.00 - TakeProfit=0.00 - Lots=1.00

When I try and modify the order to have a stop...the EA removes the stop!

That sounds very dangerous! especially given the issue above where it decided to stop trading. That kind of a problem can blow an account.

(same issue on live and on my demo account)

andrew1 wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 11:53 am
Also, I just noticed that the EA has placed a trade with no stops? There are no errors in the experts/Journal tab.

2021.05.12 04:28:13.068 ProFx 7 Autobot EURUSD,M30: opening SELL order! - Symbol=US500 - Price=0.00 - StopLoss=0.00 - TakeProfit=0.00 - Lots=1.00

When I try and modify the order to have a stop...the EA removes the stop!

That sounds very dangerous! especially given the issue above where it decided to stop trading. That kind of a problem can blow an account.

(same issue on live and on my demo account)
Hello Andrew.

1) It is incorrect that the EA decided to stop trading but the EA will stop to take new trades when you interfere. Meaning, when there is a open trade and you change the trade, the EA recognizes that you stepped in and will not take new trades. Existing trades will be still managed.

andrew_1.png
andrew_1.png (40.24 KiB) Viewed 1622 times

2) There are no trades with no SL. The EA uses price based stops and hard stops.

3) I think it is a bad idea to change trades from the system because automated trading and discretionary trading should be in my opinion not be mixed up. Anyway, if you want to change trades, you can simple remove the EA from the chart, modify the trade and then when the trade is closed you can start the EA again.

Alexander wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 12:43 pm
Hello Andrew.

1) It is incorrect that the EA decided to stop trading but the EA will stop to take new trades when you interfere. Meaning, when there is a open trade and you change the trade, the EA recognizes that you stepped in and will not take new trades. Existing trades will be still managed.

2) There are no trades with no SL. The EA uses price based stops and hard stops.
1) Thanks - however prior to posting that image, I do not recall manually modifying any trades.
2) The posted trade was opened with no stop as per my post. It remained with no stop loss for 1 minute.
A minute later a stop was added by the EA.

I'll keep a close eye on it any let you know if it happens again.

andrew1 wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 2:53 am
Alexander wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 12:43 pm
Hello Andrew.

1) Thanks - however prior to posting that image, I do not recall manually modifying any trades.
2) The posted trade was opened with no stop as per my post. It remained with no stop loss for 1 minute.
A minute later a stop was added by the EA.

I'll keep a close eye on it any let you know if it happens again.
Fiddling with trades and then claim that the EA simple decide to stop trading or claim that there is no SL because your are not aware about the difference between price based stops and hard stops is not very useful.

Alexander

dth111 wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 8:53 am
Could you create a myfxbook report, so the results can be verified?
Andrew wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 2:36 pm
Here are today's trades:

1205_1.png

+80.9 Pips in summary.
There is a Myfxbook account added for these trades (copied from live accoount).
But I do not think that any sideway verification is required as all EA users receive the same trades.

dth111 wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 8:53 am
Could you create a myfxbook report, so the results can be verified?
Andrew wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 2:36 pm
Here are today's trades:
+80.9 Pips in summary.
11.png
11.png (24.37 KiB) Viewed 1469 times

Please note that myfxbook does not display cfd trades correct and as result stats are not accurate. Overall gain in % is shown correct.