Re: ProFx 7 Auto Daily Recaps

With all instruments (FX and indices), competitive execution costs (5-7$/lot, no spread markup and no front running), the results should match the ones shown below. Though they do not match our expectations yet, the reference accounts are overall profitable.

overall.png
overall.png (8.75 KiB) Viewed 5045 times

Im not sure why im having such a difficult time getting these questions through, and thus answered. Let me try to address them specifically so its easier to be answered.

1) Alexander - can you please let me know when the indices mapping feature will be available?

2) Alexander and all the other members - can you guys please provide a myfxbook link? Currently I am the only one who has one. Can someone also please provide a link so that we can compare trades and analyse performance transparently?

So far the EA seems to only be setting new record lows. Whenever someone contradicts this, there is no myfxbook to justify this otherwise. I can only assume that my myfxbook is the gospel here, unless some people can help me contrast. Please, lets come togethere here provide some transparency, so this does not turn in to a dead-beat user group.

Again here is my link: https://www.myfxbook.com/members/BionicAlgo/pro/8578934

Thank you, and looking forward to the answers to the 2 questions above.

Hi JGSP. re. point 2. The reason I have not posted a MyFXBook is that on my live account I am running other EA's and the ProFX Auto EA uses different magic numbers with each trade so I can not easily filter just on ProFXAuto.

My demo account (Pepperstone) does not have index trades, so is just FX (like yours) and I can confirm this is consistently heading lower and lower.

Thanks Andrew. Much appreciated. Glad to know its not just mine continually setting new lows. Im just trying to decide if this is a failed project (i.e., needs to be re-thunk and/or re-designed). Its getting to the point where, recovery is looking to be a fairly long trajectory. Next month mroe liquidity comes on after teh summer. It could help, but might realistically shut it down.

Surprised no one posted about the 20% loss on two large trades going to about 90 pips on about the same time on the 8th.
<fwiw - I've removed this from my live account about a month ago and only running on demo w. Pepperstone hence only see fx trades not index>

Any update on when the index mapping will be available?
Any planned changes to the algo. given fx performance since release?

September P/L based on a 10k reference account:

Gross Profit: 4906.94$
Gross Loss: 3849.57$
Total Net Profit: 1057.37$ (10%)
Total Trades: 43
Floating P/L: 268.43$ (2.68%)
Total P/L %: -6.5%

@andrew1
The 2 trades you mentioned were part of a basket of 4 trades. 2 FX trades and 2 index trades. The FX trades where closed with a loss and the index trades with a profit.

Any update on when the index mapping will be available?
Any planned changes to the algo. given fx performance since release?

At moment the algorithm is not performing performing as expecting and we are currently evaluating different options.

Alexander

Here is legit verifiable performance with myfxbooks.

Jul: -10.12%
Aug: -14.46%
Sept: -24.08%

This is with reduced risk as well, and only FX. Performance has gone from bad to worse.

https://www.myfxbook.com/members/BionicAlgo/pro/8578934

Alexander, one day I got a bunch of trades from other pairs not normally traded. Any idea why this happened?

Thus far, I've lost almost $1000 with it. I will let it finish the month out, then turn it off until there might be a better update in the works. RIght now the risk:reward on the money management is pretty poor. Andrew, I did get those trades you were talking about as well.

@JGSP

I agree, Fx trades did underperform. On the other hand Index trades did exceptionally well.

It would be wrong to pick out the index trades and say "Here is a legit and verifiable performance." It would be misleading. The same is valid when you point to the Fx trades and say "Here is a legit and verifiable performance". That is misleading as well.

Here are the index trades from the last two trades:
profx_auto.png
profx_auto.png (26.63 KiB) Viewed 2200 times

If you look at all trades the situation is the following:
Fx trades don't perform as expected. Index trades perform a lot better than expected. My personal reference account (same trading conditions as clients) stands at -6%. While this is not a satisficing number, it is well within expected DD levels and very far away from the "this is the end" scenario some users describe.

As with many things, to look only at a part of the picture and not the full picture is usually not a good idea.

That said, I am also not happy with the results from the forex trades. What What puzzles me is that the same machine learning model outperforms if/then systems since almost two years.

My personal reference account (same trading conditions as clients) stands at -6%.
With the ustec trade what was just closed the reference account (FX and Indices) is now in profit. Nothing to write home about but I think it shows how important it is to look at the whole picture.

Alexander