Re: ProFx 7 Auto Daily Recaps

With all due respect Alexander, it IS indeed very accurate for me to say this is real, verifiable performance. For a few reasons.

1) I stated it very clearly that it was FX only (remember that this is what ProFX was original designed for GBPUSD). I did not say it was with the indices included.
2) You have given many users no choice but to only trade FX by not including a very simply symbol mapping for indices. So most of us simply cannot trade these at our current brokers, until you build a very simple x=y symbol mapping function. Most EAs have this feature built in. Further, you have been asked this many times by a few users (myself included) when it would be available, but have just avoided the question.
3) Please remmeber I am the only, single, user of this system who is openly posting a myfxbook for full, 100% transparency. Neither you, nor any other person here, have done so to date.

This is what it looks like with fx only, when you verify live performance on myfxbook: https://www.myfxbook.com/members/BionicAlgo/pro/8578934

I would love for others to do the same, and open this project up with transparency. Only andrew had the courtesy to at least explain why he couldn't do it. It would be very much appreciated if you would run a reference myfxbook account for users to follow.

Thanks.

JGSP wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:05 pm
With all due respect Alexander, it IS indeed very accurate for me to say this is real, verifiable performance. For a few reasons.

As so often, perspective makes a huge difference. Your view is that Fx only trades with manual intervention is very accurate, real and verifiable. My view is that looking at a part of data and ignore the rest is misleading. It would be also misleading if I would pick out indices trades and claim that the trades represent very accurate, real and verifiable performance.

The result of all trades (Forex and indices) is at the moment -0.984%.

JGSP wrote:
2) You have given many users no choice but to only trade FX by not including a very simply symbol mapping for indices. So most of us simply cannot trade these at our current brokers, until you build a very simple x=y symbol mapping function. Most EAs have this feature built in. Further, you have been asked this many times by a few users (myself included) when it would be available, but have just avoided the question.

That users have no choice is incorrect.

The system uses "official" symbols, users can add prefix and suffix information. Some market makers use alternative symbols to work around regulations. As result they can bet 1:1 against the client because the client trades a synthetic instrument which exists only on their platform. These are in my personal opinion toxic constructions with only one winner. We do not force users to trade with official symbols (with any pre/suffix) and it will be addressed.

JGSP wrote:
3) Please remmeber I am the only, single, user of this system who is openly posting a myfxbook for full, 100% transparency. Neither you, nor any other person here, have done so to date.

That is incorrect as well. My collogue posted the the reference account May 13, 2021. The account updated correct until a few weeks ago.

andrew_myfxbook_link.png
andrew_myfxbook_link.png (45.04 KiB) Viewed 1773 times

When the myfxbook page started to show incorrect data, the page was switched to private because it does not make any sense to have a myfxbook page up what says "track record verified" when the data are incorrect and incomplete.

Right now the page shows a profit of +2.44%, a DD of 1.07%, a balance of 10 187.43$ and a equity of 9 900.84$. All numbers are incorrect except the equity. It's a well known issue and the problem is that there is option available to refresh the data. The only option is to remove the account, upload everything new and verify everything again. And that needs to be done every few weeks.

andrew_myfxbook_link2.png
andrew_myfxbook_link2.png (55.06 KiB) Viewed 1773 times

Alexander

I agree that mapping is useful and as I wrote earlier this function will be added.

As I wrote earlier, I am not happy with the overall performance either. The Indices trades do really well but that cannot be said about the Fx trades. We are currently working on this and will notify users as soon a new version is available.

Here are the trade details from all indices trades. That is, all closed trades. Right now there are 3 open trades with a floating P/L of $352.

index_trades.png
index_trades.png (86.17 KiB) Viewed 1721 times

Alexander

Packed csv file attached.
Attachments
indicies.rar
(94.23 KiB) Downloaded 34 times

Alexander wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:29 am
I agree that mapping is useful and as I wrote earlier this function will be added.

As I wrote earlier, I am not happy with the overall performance either. The Indices trades do really well but that cannot be said about the Fx trades. We are currently working on this and will notify users as soon a new version is available.

Here are the trade details from all indices trades. That is, all closed trades. Right now there are 3 open trades with a floating P/L of $352.

index_trades.png
index_trades.png (86.17 KiB) Viewed 1657 times
Alexander
Impressive.

Yeah it's clear that indices are currently performing better than fx. Even though there is no verification of it anywhere. From screen caps it appears to be so. FX seems to be a lost cause though at this point. I have -50% as the level of loss in mind before pulling the plug on fx (very close now). Will wait until an index mapping is ready and consider it again.