stop out

Hi,
wanted to ask about Stop Out, how EA is doing in practice,

so, in active trading week, if one broker hits Stop Out, then that broker force closes part or all of the open trades, right?
do the Swap Master closes also related hedged positions on other broker at the same time ?

Re: stop out

Instars wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:31 pm
Hi,

so, in active trading week, if one broker hits Stop Out, then that broker force closes part or all of the open trades, right?
do the Swap Master closes also related hedged positions on other broker at the same time ?
Hello instars.
In the actual version trades will be closed whenever the specified limit is reached. The updated version will give you the possibility to interlock trades. It means that if any of the interlocked trades will be closed, from whatever reason, all interlocked trades will closed.

I hope this helps!
Alexander

Alexander wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:17 am
Instars wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:31 pm
Hi,

Hello instars.
In the actual version trades will be closed whenever the specified limit is reached. The updated version will give you the possibility to interlock trades. It means that if any of the interlocked trades will be closed, from whatever reason, all interlocked trades will closed.

I hope this helps!
Alexander
Hi Alexander,
i am making some tries in order to understand correctly how the software works...

Yesterday i opened a portfolio and in one of the 2 platforms margin was very low intentionally. Then price hit the SOL (stop out level) --which is a limit that corresponde to 100% of margin account right?-- but nothing happened.

The feature i would really need is that i can choose a stop out limit by myself (and not automatically choosen by the EA like now), in one of the instruments, and if that price is hit in one of the portfolio instruments, i would like that all the other trades in the portfolio will partially close.

thanks for support.

Francesco

The feature i would really need is that i can choose a stop out limit by myself (and not automatically choosen by the EA like now), in one of the instruments, and if that price is hit in one of the portfolio instruments, i would like that all the other trades in the portfolio will partially close.

Hello Franceso.
The stop out limit is not chosen by the EA. The limit is defined by your broker and differs from broker to broker. Often it is so that high leverage account have a higher stop out limit (as example 50%), while regular accounts (1:50 or 1:100 leverage) have lower stop out levels. But that is just a general rule.

However, you can control when and what should happen when a defined margin level is reached. As example: You can chose to receive a notification, the EA can close some or all positions.

I hope this helps.
Alexander

Alexander wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:37 am

Hello Franceso.
The stop out limit is not chosen by the EA. The limit is defined by your broker and differs from broker to broker. Often it is so that high leverage account have a higher stop out limit (as example 50%), while regular accounts (1:50 or 1:100 leverage) have lower stop out levels. But that is just a general rule.

However, you can control when and what should happen when a defined margin level is reached. As example: You can chose to receive a notification, the EA can close some or all positions.

I hope this helps.
Alexander
Yes, i know that stop out limit is choosen by the broker... But with your EA i would like to choose by myself a "personal" stop out limit, which will be a lot more prudent (and safety) that stop out level due to margin limit reached. In this trading method, preserving money and being prudent is the way to go in my opinion.

Maybe you can think about that in the next update : - )